Wednesday, November 09, 2005

lost in the crowd

So....... tonight. At 7. The Brewery. In Raleigh, NC. Daphne Loves Derby is playing. And I won't be there. Fuck.


This makes me quite upset, considering the minute I was first introduced to their music, I have had a thirst for it almost every minute of the day. They have a new album out and the music on it is fucking incredible. It was then I realized that, at this moment in my life, I live for music. I can't go a day without it. It's what helps me cry, helps me laugh, and helps me concentrate (believe it or not). I can relate to almost every song I have and can express how I feel the most through lyrics. There is no better way to put it than singing it out to the entire world.
Granted, my voice sucks, but I still hum to myself alot. It's almost those moments where I feel like I am going to lose sanity where a song pops into my head, and I am okay again. My arms move to the rhythm of the song in my head (or in the water) when I swim, my feet move to the bass thumping through my skull when I'm at my desk, and my soul sways with the sweet melodies of song. I can't imagine a day without hearing any type of music. There is not a day that exists.

Needless to say, I live, breathe, love music.

No comments: