Monday, July 10, 2006

long time, no see?

Yes, I do believe that is the right title. I haven't posted in over a month. Summer school has engulfed my life a little.
Lo siento.

I went home last weekend and it was quite satisfying. Even though everything didn't go as planned, I still was laughing and smiling so much, which is what matters the most. Alexi is gone now, so a part of me is gone as well. It won't be the same coming home without her there, but I guess I will just have to deal with it and wait around for Christmas. It seems so far away...

I can't believe I only have one more full week of classes left... it's insane. Thankfully, summer school is alot more laid back than the regular semester at Sewanee, so I have lots of free time to have fun and exercise. I really need to get back into shape. It has also made me like Sewanee even more, especially with how iffy I was about it earlier in the year. I found it as an advantage mostly because, since you are in such a small population (compared to the normal year), you get to know people you wouldn't regularly meet. I just hope that I can still be able to keep in touch with them when the normal year starts out again.

And then comes the boy dilemma.
I come here to earn some credits and not worry about any guys, and I still find myself completely and utterly infatuated with this one guy. Why this happens, I don't know. I tried to avoid it and focus on the whole friendship aspect, but I can't help myself.
He's just... everything. He's got it all. He does it all. He's the complete package, yet he's single.
Must be a miracle, right? Ha... that's what I thought until I found myself almost tortured on a daily basis being around him. Mixed signals, galore! One minute he is cracking a smile in my direction with that sparkle in his eye, and the next, he doesn't show interest. I don't even know what to do with myself! It's like a roller coaster being around this guy. My heartbeat is going to be permanently irregular if he keeps this up.
I always find myself head over heels for guys that I just don't know if I can get.
I don't think I can get him... I believe he just sees me as a friend. And sometimes that is the worst thing to know.

Ugh.

And now I'm sick (sniffles and sore throat) and just want to lay in bed all day.
Boo on life.