Thursday, August 24, 2006

back to where i belong

Even though it feels like it's only been a few days since my last post, a lot sure has happened.

Obviously, I am back in college at Sewanee. It was wonderful to have 2 (almost) full days to just enjoy the campus and do pretty much nothing. I am nervous about how I will do this semester, but I intend to work my ass off. My parents gave me a 3rd chance, which was pretty much a one in a million chance, so I refuse to blow it this time. Today was our first day of class, and I already know I am going to enjoy my Social Psych class, but History left me almost passed out on my desk. My Psych class is super small (5 people including me), so I know we are going to get a lot done and have awesome interaction with the prof. She seems really cool. On the other hand, History has never been my strong suit, but I will try everything to do well in there. I just find it hard to get motivated in a class you don't enjoy much at all.
I am also excited about this swim season. We had a good crowd come out yesterday for the pre-season meeting. It was also great to re-unite with my 'family' again. We are going to have a good year, I just know it. And the fact that our Coach needs us more than ever will really be influential. I think he is going to put more into it this year than he ever has. I also look forward to the new swimmers contributing to the team.

I just think that this year is going to be an excellent one with everything I have going for me.

Except that I left my laptop at home. Yeah, that was a dumb move (I'm using my roomie's comp until it gets here).

No comments: