Sunday, September 17, 2006

slowdown.

Nowadays, I just feel like everyone is in such a rush to grow up and go on with their lives.
I mean, I wouldn't mind eventually growing up, fending for myself, having my own place, etc., but not at the moment.

I just see a lot of people close to my age now getting married, having kids... all that good stuff. Good? No.
I don't understand why people can't cherish the youth they have. It's the best days of your life. Sure, you aren't 5 anymore, but that doesn't mean you have to push into all aspects of maturity. This is coming from someone who isn't ridiculously immature, either. I just don't get why people want to do things like that. It terminates a lot of other options in your life.
Okay, I'm done with that rant.

School has been better for me. I have done decently well in my classes, and for that, it's been a relief at the moment. I seriously can't even come close to not doing awesome this semester. I just can't mess that up.
Swim season has started up and is pretty hardcore right now. We are swimming 6 days a week and lifting at least twice a week (I lifted 3 times last week). It is killing me at the moment, but I know that it will eventually all come together.
Except for the whole grinding/popping of the shoulder. But yeah. That's normal.

I have recently stumbled across a wonderful little thing that makes me happy... a caterpillar and his name is Spot. He eats and sleeps a lot, and is super cute. He's pretty much my pride and joy. We were supposed to let him go this weekend, but we couldn't do it. I would love to watch him pupate into an imperial moth!! That would be soooo cool!
Yeah, I'm pretty much a dork.

This past weekend was also great for me. I had a lot of fun, think I got another person to attend Sewanee next year (yey!), and just took care of things well. Things are looking pretty good for me...