Sunday, October 01, 2006

once again

I am sick. And cranky.
And I want to rant, so I will.

Okay, so this was triggered from something that happened to one of my friends recently, but I just want to go on about it.
I don't understand how things "just happen". Nothing has ever "just happened" with me when I was under the influence or sober. I can't comprehend how people expect others to be like, "Oh, okay, well that's a valid excuse" to it just happening. It's not. It's really stupid. It shows lack of thought or responsibility. I'm sorry, but you obviously don't give a shit about the consequences.
I know I sound like a tightwad or a mother, but I can't even be hypocritical about this. Sure, I have done some stupid stuff in the past, but it's not like I didn't think about it. I even admit to hoping that no one ever thinks or remembers it again, but my brain was functioning at that moment in time. Hell, something I pulled 3 years ago is coming to bite me in the ass sometime this semester. Not everything you do can be forgiven by life.
I guess I just know a lot of instances when my friends have had things "just happen" to them, things became awkward or had really bad endings. One of my friends this summer had to be told by my roommate and I that yes, she was raped. She couldn't believe it and was sure that one thing led to another, but when she described the whole situation, she had obviously been raped. And she didn't even know it. She just used that stupid line as an excuse. So, what the FUCK?
Why is everyone so sure that being casual about stuff is the way to go about things? Why can't you just think about what is going on and actually say 'no' if it doesn't feel right? Why can't you actually put time into things before letting drastic physical things happen? I know that this is all relative from person to person, but I find this all a little disappointing. We're in such a rush to grow up, that we let things 'just happen,' and hope that it won't be bad in the long run.
Well, news flash: it usually is.

Just think about things.

I am tired of people not using the most precious thing they have. Too bad it's not even their heart.