Sunday, October 15, 2006

let's talk.

So... it's been a good two weeks since I've written in this thing. I guess I have neglected it for a longer period of time, but the people who read this probably get tired of checking and seeing the same old posts. Sorry.
But isn't it funny how every time I update, it's because it seems I feel obligated? Ha.

Well, I am home for fall break and I must say it has been a much better one than last year. I guess the worst part is that I really needed to go home more last year because I missed home so much, but this time around, I had a lot more fun. I'm not saying that I didn't want to come home (because I really did), but I felt like my reason to come home was completely different last year. Funny how over a year's time can change your attitude about a lot of things. I have eased up a whole lot and have learned to accept things as they are instead of freaking out about them. It's a much better way to look at life. So, I pat myself on the back for that *pats*.
Plus, I made a new friend this break. He's a pretty cool cat. Speaking of which, it's crazy when you meet someone who pretty much sweeps you off your feet and you don't expect it. I just don't understand how you find the best people in the places you would never look.
Dammit.

The new house is amazing, I'm not going to even lie. I was really skeptical about coming home to a completely different location and setting, but it's really not that bad. I like my room and the house is basically sweet-ass. It's going to be cool living in for a bit. And I guess I should get used to it, especially since I intend on actually staying at home this summer.

Speaking of summer, at the beginning of it (after Grad Week, of course), I am hopefully going to China/Tibet!! Isn't that the coolest thing ever? I am pretty excited about the whole ordeal. I guess I could give some credit to Thy, because she was the one who brought up the idea. Without the suggestion, I definitely wouldn't have thought twice about it. At first, I didn't even think that my parents would go for it, but since they went to China when they were younger, they were all for it. My dad got pretty excited... didn't expect that reaction. I think he secretly wanted to go. Ha, silly Dad. Anyway, the trip counts as 2 class credits (8 hours, just as much as summer school). So, I won't have to go to summer school if this happens. And I get to go to another country, so I'm not complaining about this option! Plus, I get back in early June, so I will have the rest of the summer (about 2.5 months) to be at home, get a job, and chill out. This summer could be awesome.

I just love how I look so far ahead in my plans, yet I never get anything done ahead of time to help it. I'm such a procrastinator. :]