Wednesday, August 25, 2010

unemployment blues

Being unemployed entails constant boredom. I have seriously picked up the sleeping habits of a cat, as well as not even been in normal clothing for the past few days. I feel like a complete slob.
Most of my friends claim that they are jealous that I don't have anything to do, but, to be honest, I am one of those people who feel worthless if they don't have things to do throughout the day. And man, do I feel worthless.
However, I have noticed that my spending habits have become the stingiest ever. It's like my mind instantly went into 'no-income mode'. I try not to drive anywhere unless I really have to, and have been living off of sandwiches and homemade meals. I ironically like this change, because I have missed the joys of cooking. I forgot what a big stress-reliever it is.
With all of this going on, I have continued to keep a good attitude. My theory is that if I apply to enough jobs in the area, someone will eventually have to get back to me... right? One thing I did enjoy about shortly working in that medical center was the atmosphere. I think that I want to work in a more clinical environment now. It seems more clean and just downright IMPORTANT... plus, who doesn't want to wear scrubs every day to work? Seriously.
That being said, I feel another siesta coming along. Will update if a job opportunity arises.

Also, considering grad school. Might be a good time to go back, considering the economy.

3 comments:

The Ampelophilosofer! said...

Why don't you try finding a job in another country? That could be cool! Like i know for a fact that you could easily get a job in Cyprus...with good pay. You would have to have a car, because that's the only way to go around. But like...anywhere...isn't there a place you've always wanted to go visit? Just try to get a Job there!

Julia said...

I have seriously considered that, but that would be putting a large investment in a flight and living expenses that is not guaranteed to work out. I have sadly already made that mistake with a job 8 miles away from where I live now. Call me a wuss, just not ready to take that big step.
Maybe one day.

Thanks for the suggestion!! - J

Janice said...

Another possibility is to set up a home business. Not the MLM types but find something you are good at, be it a service or something you can make -- cookies? Biscuits?

Something people really love.

Sell them to friends. To friends of friends. Through ebay and other means, collecting payments via paypal if you make something that can be delivered through post.

Who knows. This unemployment could be an opportunity.

My twitter profile - http://twitter.com/janiceweety