Sunday, January 02, 2011

merry happy

Reviewing my past posts, I have noticed how negative I have been. I soon came to the realization that I do not want much to change for me this new year. I have a caring, awesome boyfriend, the dog I have always wanted, a good living/job situation, and not many bridges burned. I think I've done pretty well for myself at this point in my life.
I have also realized that I will never get to where I will follow through with infatuations. I stepped up to the plate and confronted the situation with the fact in mind that I have everything I want. At the end of the day, my boyfriend is still everything that I want. Not some fleeting, short moment of butterflies, but someone who will stick it out even when things aren't perfect.
I actually had time to sit down, talk, and spend quality time with my boyfriend for the holidays. Unfortunately, it was not in ideal circumstances (he was in the hospital), but it still gave us time to ourselves to just spend time together. Every spare moment I had, I was at his bedside, talking about everything that may or may not have needed to be discussed. It gave him and I a lot of time to reflect on things. It also gave him the chance to spend some of that time talking with his father, who came in every day. It was truly remarkable to see how different his dad was when he was in the hospital. I think it really made my boyfriend's week, even if he was cooped up in a hospital room.

I think I have really pulled a lot of positive outlook from all of this, strangely.

LIFE'S NOT ABOUT WHAT'S BETTER. It's about what you have.

1 comment:

Slim said...

Great first post of the year. Unfortunately, it is hard to look at the positive side of life when many negative things happen, but guess what... life moves on!! So take the bad with a grain of salt, throw it over your shoulder, and carry your triumphs with you because those are the ones that matter, no matter how small. :) Have a great year.