Wednesday, September 14, 2005

but when i look at the stars...

Oh, the irony of making a new friend back home when you are at college. What were the odds?
I have been super sick, but the fever only lasted for 24 hours, which was a relief. I was afraid I had some long-term illness, like mono. *shudders*... I hate thinking that. Everyone kept asking what I had and I just cocked my head to the side and looked at them like a confused dog. Yeah, sure, let me go diagnose myself real quick, it'll only take a few minutes. Riigghtt. Luckily, I will return to my sanctuary where all stress is relieved and real thoughts are processed : the pool. The real season started on Monday, but I fell asleep in astronomy and ran a high fever that evening, so I missed the first official practice. Even though I already felt really guilty about it, all the swim team members were giving me hell for it. Sorrrrryy... let me breath in your face and spit in your drink, then you'll be in my position next week. And you better believe I will bitch you out with all the others, too. Ahh, the love of the swim team. I believe there is WAY too much already, considering it is the 3rd week of school and 3 couples (not dating, just sets of two people) have already hooked up. Insane. The worst part is that people are putting money on me and this guy who I see more as a brother than a boyfriend. I will NOT date a swimmer guy (not one on the same team as I) ... that's just how I roll. I also missed practice yesterday because I couldn't even physically make it to English class. That's pretty damn sad. Also, my coach refused to let me swim, anyway. We have been doing the hot seat (something freshmen do) lately and I know I will be coming up pretty soon. Gahhh... the worst part is they can ask you anything... and I mean ANYTHING. Most of them have to do with hooking up and such, all that good ol personal stuff. Oh well, I have nothing to hide... I'm not really ashamed of much. If anything, it was all in good fun.


Forgive me, but I can't be everything you deserve.