Monday, October 31, 2005

all that's left

I want this to work.
I want to come home and be able to smile and see you. I don't want to come home and know that it would only hurt to see you (or most likely not see you). I tried to be there for you as a friend, supporting you and trying to pull you up from the ground, but it's as if you won't budge. And as I sob in frustration in front of you, it seems you just turn and look the other way, avoiding my care for you. Well, dammit, I care. And maybe that's a mistake on my part, but will continue to refuse to believe it's a mistake. All I want is for you to be happy and that is obviously not happening. I miss how you used to give me the time of day to have a conversation. Now, I feel like I do all the talking and you never respond. I miss the messages in the morning that made every day worth waking up for. You know me... communication is key. And that part has dropped off the map. Where are you? Where is the person that I met months before who was happy, proud of who he was, and appreciative of everything he had? Where is the person that gave back more than I could ever return and left me smiling, day after day? Where did he go...? The minute I returned from the break, everything changed. I want to know where that person I once knew went. Did he jump into the lake that we sat at? Is he still sitting, alone, at the top of that parking garage? I really don't know. But I wish he could come back. I am not asking you to be a different person, I just want you to be happy. And as I recall, when I first met you, you were happy... and that's the person I became closest to. You can throw me away and forget about me. But just be happy before it's all over with.


And I know it's too late
To crawl back to you tonight
But there's a few things that
I just need you to know
Like the way I felt
When we were close
And how the stars explode
Everytime you are near

No comments: