Monday, February 13, 2006

scac

Well.... *takes a deep breath*

The conference meet was long, tiring, and VERY interesting.
First and foremost, both our guys and girls got 3rd in the conference, so that was pretty exciting. Rose-Hulman was only 7 pts away from putting our guys to shame, but we pulled out. I think coach was relieved, but not overjoyed, especially since we got 2nd last year. I don't know if this will happen, but I HOPE that we win conference once in my swimming career at Sewanee.
I ended up returning to every evening swimming session, which means I was top 16 in all of my individual events, even 200 IM! I seriously wasn't expecting that... I dropped 9 seconds from what the psyche sheet said. I ended up getting 16th (hehehe) in that, but hey, not too bad, considering I have only swam it like 3 times this season. I dropped 2 seconds on my 100 breast and placed 10th, while dropping 10 seconds in the 200 breast and got 9th. I did better in my breaststroke events, but still just missed making the final heat. I was sort of upset, but what looks better - first/second in the consolation heat, or absolutely last in the finals?? Ahhh... I dunno.
I saw a couple of people I knew from other schools, and that sure brought back alot of memories. The person that really got me was Landon... that kid turned out to be pretty awesome. I wasn't sure if he was going to even talk to me, especially since he had a girlfriend. But not even my first 5 minutes on deck and I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I turned around to that smile that used to be blurred and undetailed from pictures and looked at his deep caramel eyes. It was him, and he was real. He was exactly how he was on the phone and via email. His voice, his personality... it was all so real and so accurate. I wonder if I seemed any different in person. After every race, especially if I was upset, he would wait for me at the edge of the pool while I was warming down, just to get a few words in. Considering how we kind of "met," this was a drastic change of how I would see him in person. I sure hope we keep in touch.
Annnnddd there were plenty of other things that happened at conference, but haha... there's just sooo much.
Now that I had so much fun at confernce, I have to spend the next week and a half making up work. Ickkypoo. :(


[I can name all 50 states

48 get in the way
From me being next to you]






I need a nap.


2 comments:

aprendiz-de-mucho said...

Really nice to see you again!! I feel that lost you for a while!! I'm glad for your conference and happy for your opportunity to take a breath. I wiss you use nice all this time and now you are try to be strongger and happier than before!!

Kisses from this side of the ocean!!

aprendiz-de-mucho said...

Wow!! Marvellous changes!! I love the new color, is like if you find the light of the life!! I enjoying with it!!