Monday, April 10, 2006

misery loves me

So, my cat of almost 14.5 years was put down today...
I loved him so much. I remember the days when he was so small, he would escape through a fence hole. It's not going to be the same without my Poobs brushing affectionately against my legs and murmuring his funny meow at me, while staring up with those large yellow eyes. I couldn't imagine what it was like to not have that spark in his eye. Even at the age he was, he still had that same energy in him. He did such a great job of hiding his sickness when looking into that cute whiskered face, but his ribs showed otherwise.
This past weekend was probably the closest thing I had to a vacation in a long time, and it was incredible. I realize that people will always care about me, no matter who I'm with or where I am. You guys are the best. I wish I was closer in the summer...
Even though my mother tells me that she doesn't think I should return to Sewanee, I feel so attached here. There is nothing better than standing off the edge of a stone balcony, overlooking the campus when dimly lit at night. Even without the colorful decorations of spring, the campus is gorgeous. The wind played with my stray hairs that escaped from my ponytail and my mp3 player set the mood perfectly. I would rather be nowhere else... this place is a part of me now.
I don't want to go home. It's just not worth it.


I love you Poobs... always. I know you are at a better place now.