Sunday, February 06, 2005

extreme exhaustion

Yeah, so the state meet took place yesterday and I ended up making it to the finals in both of my individual events. I was so tired and my mind was elsewhere by the time finals rolled around. My body would go through the motions, but my mind was almost shut down into an unconscious state. I left the meet with worse placements than my seed time ranks - 14th in the 200 IM, 6th in the 100 breast. I guess I was just worried about the breast the most, but I still "didn't get anything", as my coach said. The top four get a medal and the fifth gets a picture. On the long trip home, I realized that, compared to the last 3 years, I would have given ANYTHING to be in the top 8, much less the finals. I had dropped so much time and I doubt any of those girls I swam against had improved as much as I had in one season. I had never swam IM before (competitively) until this year, so making the finals in that meant I was doing pretty damn good. By the end of the meet, everyone was tired and cranky (more than others). My coach was acting like a TOTAL d**k after I had swam my last final event. He was cussing up a storm and got an attitude with everyone. I hope he is proud for how he acted, because Ashley doesn't even want to swim next year because of how he put himself out. I must admit I wasn't the happiest camper of the bunch either, but I was the one getting in the pool and swimming my ass off, not him. We'll see how next year holds up for them. As for me, this past week has been quite amazing. I have been accepted to Sewanee (Early Decision) and can't wait to start a new life on their campus. I got my transcript on Thursday to find that I was finally, finally 1st in my class. Then, I went to the state meet and put everything into it and came out not looking too bad. Sure, being 5th or better would have been awesome, but 6th in the state ain't too damn shabby, either. The worst part of being 6th was the time I got. Even if I had gotten my best time all over again, I still would have placed 6th, anyway. It's just bad that everyone will look at that 1:17 and say, she got 6th?!?! Yeah, I did. Oh well, I know what I did wrong and there's nothing I can do to go back and change it, so that's that. I'm peacing out for now, ya'll.

No comments: