Sunday, February 13, 2005

sluggish sunday

I am SO happy it is the weekend (an extended one, as well)! I didn't have to wake up early at all Saturday morning, even though I ended up waking up at 10 because my back was killing me. I also didn't swim at ALL this past week and it feels pretty good to let myself take a break. I was actually supposed to swim with someone today (*AHEM*) and help him with his underwater pull, but he hasn't gotten in touch with me for the past few days. I know I will have to pick it back up sometime this week, but I was getting pretty used to coming home and lounging around. I also got to see my Bobo on Friday and the first thing he did was slobber across my face. It was disgusting, but cute. I didn't blame him for it. I am definitely going to pick back up on riding a WHOLE lot more. I really did miss it. Yesterday, Alan and I experienced the fun of tilling the garden. After we finally got the thing running, we would both grab on to the handles and keep it from dragging us around. Doing the center part of each bed was the funnest - one of us to each handle. At one point, the damn thing dragged us forward and I ended up stepping in the garden and Alan mashed his hand down in the dirt. After I let go of the handle to let it idle, we were laughing so hard, it turned over and died. One time, the blades wouldn't even move, so we took the blades off to find a HUGE rusty nail stuck between them. What all DOES my mom put in her garden?!? We ended up tilling until it was almost dark, but it was still hilarious. My family and I watched I, Robot last night and it was pretty good. I believe the book is said to be much better than the movie and I am sure that Isaac Asimov does a MUCH better telling of the story than Hollywood does. I got a great night's sleep (until 1 this afternoon), which felt wonderful - too bad Mom woke me up. It's really dark and cloudy outside, but it's still 60 degrees. That makes no sense. Well, that's about everything, except I have to give mad props out to Matt who rocked out this weekend and cut time like crazy in his breaststroke. Good job, I knew you could do it! :)
Yey.

No comments: