Wednesday, February 09, 2005

wet wednesday

Yeah... it's one of those days outside where it's so humid you can see your breath, ridiculously cloudy, but never really RAINS. It kind of misted, I guess. It's only mid February and has hit above 6o degrees. I don't mind it, but spring is coming up a little too fast. This week is creeping by slowly and not having to swim is really making everything seem even slower. Drew was right, this has been the absolute best swim season and I already do miss it. It's weird coming home and not having to rush upstairs and struggle my way in and out of clothing and swim suits. I just come home... and that's about it. I am definitely starting up riding soon, but I will have to get through this bomb of Biology homework that has been thrown at us. I have to finish up both of my lab reports, make an interactive poster, and complete this HUGE test that no one finished today. Oh yeah, and it's all due tomorrow. Ick. So, being top in the class is taking its toll at the moment because have this huge expectation beating on my back every minute I want to kick back and take a break from my studies. I always have that voice in the back of my head saying "Do you know what this could do to your GPA?". I think my mom has seriously crawled into my head - logical explanation. I ended up not getting the Merit Scholarship from Sewanee (poo), but I guess I can stock up on other ones to make up for it. I sometimes wonder that, if I hadn't applied to Sewanee early, I would have gotten offered a swimming scholarship from another college. I'm not sure, but at least I am on the safe side of that unanswered question. I just wish that life wouldn't revolve around the clock so much, because it always works to your disadvantage. Everytime you wish that time could stop - that another minute couldn't pass by - it falls away quicker than grains of sand between your fingertips. And when you want the clock to fast forward into months ahead, time creeps by and drags its feet along the way. Life is utterly ironic.

No comments: