Friday, May 20, 2005

bleh?

ONE day of school left.

THREE days until I find out if I’m valedictorian or not.

EIGHT days until graduation.

<>A MILLION things running through my head.

So, I took my band exam today and it was super easy. Mr. Howell practically walked me through the difficult parts (transposing, melodic, harmonic, and natural minors). Then we talked about my future plans at Sewanee, which really was just him figuring out if I was going to keep pursuing music. Then as I hugged him goodbye, I felt a lump in my throat. I ran out to my car as my face became flushed and tears welled up. On the way back to town, I was sobbing. Not the regular, silent cry where a few tears stream down my cheeks, but the huge tears while bawling loudly. I couldn’t hold myself back. The man who started every foundation I ever had towards music, I was leaving behind. I remembered how he always put me in a situation to succeed. He never would make me do something he knew I wasn’t capable of and he helped expand my understanding of music. My view went from funny looking things on a page to expression of feelings. I didn’t read music anymore; I felt it. I am really going to miss him and he has been such a large part of my life.
Now it’s to the point where I have stopped saying, “I can’t wait to leave this place – I won’t miss anything” to noticing all the things I will miss. I hate crying in public, gosh, I really do. It’s so embarrassing.
Okay, I am DEFINITELY going to Warped Tour this summer. From the list on their web page, it is going to be an awesome day. I can’t wait!!! It’s going to be the best going-away event for me to remember. Damn, I’m super happy already and it’s 3 months away. I’m a true music nerd… what can I say?
Also, for once, I want the weekend to end. I wanna know if I’m valedictorian already!!! GOSH!!! It’s bugging me and I am freaking out.

I’m rambling, so I guess I should stop.

Wait, one last thing. Don’t you hate it when something happens and you don’t really realize it until afterwards? I hate awkward situations, and I think one happened today, but I didn’t realize it until I left. It was weird and I didn’t notice what on earth happened until I thought about it. Maybe I just think too much, but the other person might need to agree or disagree with me on this one. I… I don’t know what else to say about that.
Sorry for being vague, but I just needed to say that.
Oh yeah, I'm ungrounded now. Yippee.
Drew's graduation party tomorrow and Austin's band is playing. Yay.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Dang, he actually REMEMBERS me?? Wow. Have fun!