Saturday, January 01, 2005

holiday blur

Wow... so much to recap.
It all began with my moment of glory when I took first in the county swim meet in 100 breast with a new personal best time - 1:15.28. There was so much stress leading up to it, especially when I found I was NOT seeded first. There was a girl from Ledford who supposedly claimed a 1:16.95... but the '.95' part seemed a bit suspicious. Knowing me, I overreacted and practically psyched myself out about it. My legs trembled as my coach tried to calm me down and I put my face into my hands. My skin turned pale and I couldn't stop shaking. I got on the blocks only to find that the girl, who was seeded ahead of me, was more of a mess than I was. She had tears rolling down her face and kept repeating, "No... I can't breathe, I can't breathe." Ashley (Mills) and I looked at each other and a little hope sparked in both of us. The start flew by when I sprang from the blocks, frantically trying to get ahead. As I pushed off after the first 25, I saw the competitor's legs sluggishly kick beside me (towards the wall) while I did my underwater pull. My tense body relaxed a bit as I settled into a fast, but sustainable pace. I was going to win. I got off of every wall with speed and power, and I pushed myself as fast as I could on the last lap. It was the best swim I ever had. My mom said that everyone was screaming, but I couldn't hear anything but my own breathing and my scream of victory at the wall. My coach also yelled "YES!" when I hit the wall, which indicated I had done well. I beamed with pride and grinned so much as soon as I got out. I couldn't believe it. A girl from a 3 person team, and everyone was cheering for me. I didn't understand it, but I still beat the fastest guy's time by over half a second. Now THAT'S flattering... hehe. So, I stole first from that chick's bull$h!t time and Ashley Mills got second, just as we had all hoped. Ashely Auman got her state cut in breast, which means I will not being going alone to states. Thank goodness. Then I went out to lunch with Matt and it was pretty good, except the slight 'spill' in the driveway (you can barely see it, now). Then we said our goodbyes and I headed on home for, literally, a few minutes. I am glad that the summer idea is still in consideration... it makes me happy. So, I was out to see Alexi not soon after I got home and didn't come back until 10:30 at night. Then, I spent the night last night at her place, watched the ball drop, had some bubblies, and shot roman candles at cars (haha, it left white spots... the people still haven't noticed). That's what my parents get for giving Chocolate those things! Alexi and I slept until about 11, got some breakfast, then laid in bed until about 2. We finally got enough energy to hit up the mall, the only place that was open. I got home around 7, cleaned up all the stuff my mom was bitching about, then started on my essay (yes, it is getting done - for those who want to know). Now I am just sitting around, knowing that Alexi is leaving tomorrow. She is the only person that could make me smile, even though I was still sad deep down because of his absence. It's like everything is right when he is around, but when he leaves, so does that feeling. I hate to think that several more torturous months will pass without seeing him again. It sometimes makes me wonder, is it really worth it? I sure hope so... especially since I would give anything to hold his hand and, for once, not feel guilty. I will also be deprived of all technology for the next month or so, which makes things worse. The phone is becoming my best friend. This may be one of my last entries before I enter the world of complete anguish... withdrawal from the internet. Savor my life adventures while you can, call me if you wish to speak, and if you don't know it... well...
I got your ass now, don't I?

No comments: