Sunday, January 02, 2005

more work, less play

Today, I was awaken by Mom at 10, because she wants us to get used to waking up sometime before noon again. I had lunch with Alexi before saying goodbye to her. I really miss and love that girl. She better come back soon... everything really sucks without her. Then, I got home and worked on my merit essay all afternoon until I finally finished it around 5:30. I am really satisfied with it, especially since I got myself to actually sit down and git r' dun. I thought the hard part was writing it, but I found printing it out was even worse. My disk drive ended up becoming disaligned at some point, so it never really got the entire file on the floppy. So, after I get mad at how the main downstairs computer and none of the other computers would read it, we figured that out. Then, my mp3 player came in handy. Yes... weird, but convenient. So, we try to find some software on the internet to put on my computer to even see the removable drive, but then remember that the mp3 player came with a disk. So, we search for that, find it and think our problems are over. Not quite... the CD drive decides NOT to open. Then, we dig around for a paperclip, jam it into the manual opener and get it open. After all the hassle, it decides to read it. Damn, my machine is a straight PIECE. At least I won't have to worry about it, anymore. I am supposed to have lunch with Tia tomorrow then swim practice... woohoo. Back to the real world that we all live in. I guess I never ran away from it... I just decided not to recognize it during the break as long as I could. It made things more enjoyable, I must admit. I can't believe school starts Tuesday... a whole new semester. I think the only class I will really have to watch myself in is AP Biology. Thank goodness it is similar to APES, so I kind of prepped myself for it. Tomorrow is the last day before technological exile... I promise I will write.

No comments: