Saturday, April 02, 2005

sluggish saturday

Well, Spring Break is almost over and I hate to see it go. This week was all about staying up too late and sleeping in too late, as well. I spent practically EVERY night out of the house, which bugged the $h!t out of my mom, especially since we were the only two at the house (or in the country for that matter). She wanted to have "movie night" or what not, but when I stayed home and watched a movie, she didn't even come near the room. I felt really awful leaving her alone every night, but she never really seemed too interested in doing anything at all. I guess the best part about this week was when we found Austin a kitten. Out of the four squirming fuzzles, he instantly eyed the black, and only, girl. I had to whip out my veterinary skills to identify the sex, since the owners really could care less about that. The kitten was ironically quiet on the car ride home and barely moved. It just sat there, with its eyes wide open, trying to analyze the situation before getting any spontaneous ideas of curiousity. While Austin was in the grocery getting its food and other things, it fell asleep, laying its small head in my hands. It was one of those things that just melted your heart and you couldn't help but admire its sweet innocence. I believe that's the underlying reason behind a kitten's face and how no one can resist saying "awwwwww" to it. After a bunch of name changing, we settled with Ally (cat). The second day, it was up and wired one minute, and asleep the next. We had to keep a good eye on its bowl, because the dog would waddle its way in there and eat all its food. I guess getting a kitten is quite amusing, just watching it grow and seeing it naively wander its way through the first months of life. Then, I come home, pet my much matured cats, and remember when they were slipping out between the fence holes and scampering around. It gave me something else to think about aside from the chaotic lifestyle I am about to pick up again, a lifestyle called school. The kitten made me smile, but that wasn't the only thing that melted my heart this break.


My heart was caught in a landslide
And now it feels for you only...

No comments: