Tuesday, July 26, 2005

almost gone again

Both of those comments from the last blog were from the better things I have. Thanks for always being there.

So I leave for the mountains in VA tomorrow...
Feels like I'm never home.
But I guess, at the moment, being home wouldn't be the best for me. The timing is perfect to get away from here for a while. As long as I stay busy, I won't catch myself thinking about the bad things. Things sure don't feel the same, but they are improving, nonetheless. From what it was, it can only improve.
I am ready to run the trails like a little kid again. That's the best part about camping... you make s'mores, scamper down trails, and are outdoors constantly. Unfortunately, I am not too fond of family reunion camping, due to the lack of privacy and the slower hikers. I really like my little cousins, but they follow me around everywhere and complain on every hike. The only thing I complain of is the time it takes to cook the food and the millions of blisters I rubbed that day now not to mention the splinters and blisters from the beach). So, in other words, the entire reunion consists of heat, bitching and moaning, and all that other great family togetherness. I guess I could say I contribute, but it takes more than one to make it REALLY miserable. Hopefully, I will be able to break away from the chaos every once in a while to gather my thoughts about everything. I tend to have extremely complex thoughts as I hike, because it rarely takes any brain power to walk around. I usually have great ideas and advice for myself and others, but by the time I get back to the cabin, they have vanished. Once again, there is a reason for everything. After my hikes, I realize that maybe I never needed to write them down, but to just get them out there to contemplate.
Wow, I am starting to sound like the author of my college novel... ick.

All in all, I am ready for Saturday. :)

No comments: