Friday, July 01, 2005

wow

Okay, so last night was ... interesting. The convos were somewhat relieving. I was glad to FINALLY know how you felt about everything and it's just great to get that out of the way. It got rid of so much tension.
EXCEPT for Kelley and I's convo. WTF, man?! I am still freaking out. That is SO 4 years ago.
And I got a reply from Matt Hall (my first swim coach EVER when I was like itty bitty), and it made me incredibly happy. So happy I cried. He actually remembered me and described me with such detail that I knew he wasn't just making something up. He was an incredible breaststroker, and just great in every stroke. He still holds the state record in 500 free (Cole didn't even beat it) and half of the school records. He went on a scholarship to swim for UT and traveled internationally. Matt had everything going for him in the swimming area, but his email sounded almost like he was digusted with it. He seemed unhappy of the fact that he was good at every stroke and that he had to go around the world to swim. It was as if he had grown out of it. I guess not everyone can be happy with what they have/had, but I was touched by his email, and he was touched by mine.
I think I've found a new mentor. :)

No comments: