Monday, July 25, 2005

back from the beach

Well, the beach wasn't all I thought it would be.
My brothers didn't ever want to do anything, but at least Drew and Will were available to do something. That was the only fun I had. Oh, and the sushi was good.
And now I have realized how easy it is for anyone to walk out on me. I guess I have always put myself in this position to make me fall and get hurt. Everytime I think I have found a companion or someone I love, they just prove me wrong. It's like I never knew them. During that time, I feel like they would never forget about me. Don't you love that feeling? That feeling that you know, no matter what happens, someone will always remember you? It's always nice to be remembered. It makes you feel valuable.
Well, there's only a few people that acknowledge my existence anymore and I thank them for it. If they are a girl, I most likely hated them at one point, but only for the common things we shared. If they are a boy, I was probably crazy about them at one point and still can't let them go.
Some things never change and that's the best part.
Now, I am just ready for college. I have wringed every bit of good out of this town and am still trying to find a few last remaining drops. They are almost or all the way gone. I even tried to substitute the good things with mediocre things, just to make myself feel better about my situation I am stuck in. But, something mediocre can never replace the best things. And, sadly, all the best things aren't from around here.

1 comment:

Julia said...

you are one of the few 'better things', hannah.