Saturday, July 30, 2005


So I just got in from VA. Yay.
It was much more bearable than I thought it would be. My cousins weren't near as invasive, but sometimes they got a little out of hand. For instance, one of my cousins cried because I couldn't sleep over in their cabin one night. Ridiculous.
I have realized this is my last vacation of the summer (unless WT counts). In some ways, I am really glad to be home, but in other ways, I want to stay away from it all. Even though the first night I caught myself reminiscing over some good memories (that eventually led to tears), I found that my time away from it faded my feelings, too. I didn't get so sad over it and actually was happy that things turned out the way they did. I became optimistic about one of the worst situations of my life. It was incredible. Getting away most definitely did the trick.
As for the physical part... I got a little messed up. I ended up with 3 blisters and a turned ankle all on the same foot. The rock climbing was so worth it. It was the best feeling in the world to be on top of the highest rock while you watched the clouds roll up to meet you in a distant fog. There was a constant, cool mist that blew through the air that collected on your skin and hair. It was so refreshing. I almost wished I had someone to share it with.
I took tons of pictures. :)  Posted by Picasa

No comments: