Sunday, September 05, 2004

another day of almost nothingness

I woke up at today at about 1 ... it was a good feeling but left me feeling groggy all day. Ever had those times you sleep so much it just makes you sleepier? I hate that... how does that work? I tried playing badminton but the odds were against me most of the time. The sun was blinding and the wind was pretty strong, which sent the birdie all over the place. Also, when Alan hit the birdie to me, it would look like it was coming from one direction but then pull some crazy curve another way. Considering the birdie was light because it had like one feather left on it (we tear those things UP!), the wind had total advantage of it. Then I was FORCED into cleaning my room because Mom said I couldn't use the computer until it was done. How cruel. I was about done (5 pm) and I got a phone call from Nathan saying that if I wanted to swim then I should come right then. I was a little pissed about that but noticed that he attempted to call me earlier on my cell. So I go to the pool, tired from cleaning my room and over-sleeping (IMPOSSIBLE), and Nathan swore that I was asleep before coming there. I was NOT! I was just tired. Well, the water temperature sure got me going. We did about a 3000, then left. I seem to hurt myself everyday somehow, so I think I should start posting the accidental self-mutilation of the day! Today's mutilation happened when Nathan and I smacked arms while swimming... I felt like I rebroke my arm. Yesterday's was when I hit my finger with the frame of the badminton racquet. It's odd how you can try to watch where you're going or what you're doing and still be clumsy enough to hurt yourself on a daily basis. I am extremely stable on ice during the winter and all my friends fall and I just laugh at them because I never do, yet I trip over NOTHING on dry ground all the time. What is that?!? Oh well, isn't life ironic? I am SO tired from swimming so I am going to try to go to bed a little earlier tonight.

No comments: