Saturday, September 04, 2004

redemption round

Wow, today was a refreshing day. I slept until about 11:45 and did absolutely NOTHING today but play badminton. Then we went out to eat and it was really good but there was no one there but us (other than a couple that left a few minutes after we arrived). I was hoping to continue the holiday with nothingness, but Mom insists I clean my room. It's not too bad - I can still walk in it - that's what matters, right? I go in it more than anyone else, anyway. And of course after I DO clean my room, Mom will find something else for me to do like she always does. Oh well... that's life I guess. I was able to tolerate last night, and to tell you the truth, I had fun. I wasn't annoyed or pissed off at any point, which made things quite comfortable. Too bad I didn't swim or work out or ANYTHING today. I haven't swam in 3 days - that's a LONG time compared for the past few weeks. I talked to a person who graduated from Sewanee this past year and she said that the coach is constantly looking for breaststrokers - he tried EVERY year to turn her into one. That is definitely a plus in that department and also he doesn't discriminate against non-year round swimmers. They actually experienced two non-year round swimmers at the beginning of the past year and they turned out to be the two fastest sprinters. More room for improvement. We saw the movie Hidalgo tonight and it was really good. My brother and dad thought it would be just all about horses, but it was so much more than that. The historical setting and events were really authentic. Good movie. I am so tired and I am DEFINITELY going to bed earlier tomorrow if I want to get some good sleep.

No comments: