Thursday, September 16, 2004

failure's not flattering

Wow, another loss. Our volleyball game on Tuesday ended up being a scrimmage because no refs showed up. So we goofed off and had fun while playing them and did very well. Then the one today was against South Iredell, who was decent last year but had an AWFUL attitude so they sucked in my book. This year, they weren't as bad attitude wise but definitely better in skill. Today we got sent the Senior superlatives sheet in 2nd period and my mind has gone blank for some of the categories. Most likely because I think about their personalities (the majority of them I hate) and not the characteristics. But the categories such as "Worst Driver" or "Most Athletic" came instantly. Alot of people told me they voted me as the female "Most Intellectual". What is THAT?!? I do NOT walk around with my face in a book and speak intelligently all the time (I often have problems just getting a simple sentence out). Do people even KNOW what intellectual means? They probably just thought "Oh, she's smart... that means intellectual." Not exactly. It actually can just be a front or a portrayal in definition - so THERE! Not to be bragging, but I think I would fit "Best All Around" better because no other girls in the top 10 of our class do sports or other activities. And they are SNOBBY! How can you be voted "best" when you won't talk to the majority of the school because you think you are better than them? Oh well, I guess I will take what I can get. I just can't wait to get out of this god-forsaken town. As of Wednesday, the last of the people I spent my summer with have gone. It always seems like I get along better with people who have limited time in my local area than the ones who are permanently (or just have ONE home) here. We had our Western Civ exam today and I think I did okay on it... but I tore up that essay. I knew EVERYTHING there was to know about it. Then the extra credit essay I just kinda b.s.ed my way through that and as I walked out of the door from turning it in, I remembered some additional elements to it. Minds seem to always work that way. I don't know if we are even having that horseshow on Saturday, but it doesn't look too promising. My riding skills don't, either. I haven't ridden in about a week and a half due to the hectic schedule. Ugh. Thank goodness we only have 2 volleyball games next week. I am so tired and sick of work. I want this weekend to be filled with laziness, but with the "Beowulf" project, I seriously doubt it. Tomorrow is Friday, thank whatever the hell there is out there.

No comments: