Friday, November 26, 2004

fantastic friday

Wow. I don't even want to recap the day... just the evening. Hannah and I decided to hit up Sonic and grab some shakes, then drive around. I had an idea, but I wasn't sure how it would go. We went for it anyway. The directions to his house were in my car, but I was driving my mom's. So, I had to remember them off of my head. I made it there, and we pulled in slowly as my headlights caught the reflecting lights of the 2 cars in his driveway. I wasn't sure if anyone was there, but we figured out soon that the place was deserted. We walked around to the dock and then to the bench his grandfather had put there. The stars were awesome and the moon was so bright you could see where you were going even through that short path to the bench. We sat on it and looked at the water... it was so calm and so quiet. Hannah and I got into deep convo about Lexington, Governor's School, fate, and just life in general, when a shooting star caught both of our eyes and we gasped. It was amazing. I wish he could have been there to see it, too. I don't know if he will be mad about it, but I had an urge to go to his house for a long time. I just never got the courage to do it alone. I am glad Hannah was with me even though she freaked out at first. LOL. Then on the way home, we just sang to some of Hannah's CD's and even harmonized on blink-182 songs. *high five* It was a really cool night and I am still happy I didn't go alone. If I would have, I just would have felt sad and made myself cry when I recalled all the memories. I didn't want to cry when I went to his house - I just wanted to remember and smile. And that's exactly what I did. I caught myself saying "I remember when ..." and going on with a story, as if it was happening all over again before my eyes. Even though I sometimes get upset with him, I realized how much I really do miss him. Damn, damn I miss him.

1 more month... *sigh*

No comments: