Tuesday, November 23, 2004

terminal tuesday

Wow... everyday should be like today was! Western Civ was the usual, but in Math, we did 2 deriviative worksheets - nothing more. So half the period, Tiffany and I got drinks, I stole Mr. Cuddlesworth, Rosco took and WORE my jacket (it was fitted and Rosco isn't QUITE my size), then he took Mr. Cuddlesworth WHILE wearing my jacket, then finally he gave me my jacket back. Suprisingly, it didn't hang off of me once I put it on again. He HIT me with Mr. Cuddlesworth, THEN offered a truce. Would you really accept a truce after you got hit by a teddy bear? I think not. I stubbornly refused at first, but finally gave in. I don't think I could take much more of his games. But, his games only got worse by the end of the day. Our teacher in APES was gone to Disneyland (boo...) and we had an awesome sub. She let us go to the blood drive and get food - I mean, get the VCR for our documentary video. Hehe. Well, as many as you know, I am TERRIFIED of needles, and the blood drive was today. Everyone really wanted me to give blood, but I would either pass out or freak out - take your pick. Rosco had given blood earlier, and when we walked into the gym where it was held, I shuddered at the smell of antiseptics. I just wanted some food, then I would leave. We got some pizza and as I walked out, tense in fear from just the mere scent, Rosco remembered my phobia. He quickly grabbed my arm and said I was giving blood. I tensed up even more and said "No...no...no...", but he kept pulling. Personally, I found it pretty hard to resist the strength of a basketball player who is like 190 lbs and almost 6 feet tall. When I noticed I was moving IN the direction of the gym again, I squeeled softly and started doing what most animals do when they are being dragged... sitting down. So, I laid on the floor and my voice started shaking as I kept saying "NO NO NO!" and he bent his arms to FULLY pick me up. About that time, I started SCREAMING like a murderer was at my heels and hyperventilating. He quickly scooped me up, ran me outside, and told me to just breathe. He said that he had never heard anyone scream so loud in the halls like that before. I used to tell him he had NO idea how scared I was of needles, but I think he has a slight idea now. I don't know what Rosco's deal is, but he has made things a little more interesting for me in school, which is never a bad thing. I swam three times again today, and I am SO exhausted. Drew is making me brownies tomorrow so we can have coffee and chess along with them. What better way to start off a Wednesday morning?? :)

No comments: