Sunday, November 07, 2004

sick sunday

This morning, I woke up with an awfully sore throat and one nostril working. I definitely came down with something. I felt worse and worse throughout the morning, but the ibuprofen started working soon and a hot shower also helped a bit. I got my Powerpoint presentation done for APES and am now working on some Western Civ terms. The Lord of the Rings is on, but I don't feel like watching a movie that is 2 to 3 hours long - without the commercials included. I ordered some convertible pants today from Alloy and I am so psyched about it. I haven't had convertible pants since like ... 8th grade. They were really baggy, like the ones I just ordered. Now I remember how nice it was to wear baggy pants back in the middle school days. No one really cared, or more like I didn't care that I wore baggy clothes. They were what was comfortable. Now, all these high school girls are wearing tight shirts and fitted pants that show off their shape - whether it is appealing or not. Makeup, hair, shoes... you name it, they have it. I admit I am a victim of this too, but once I get a hold of those pants, I will DEFINITELY wear them often. I have no shame in knowing that I might not look as great in some people's eyes with baggy pants on, but I would rather wear something I don't have to fight to fit my hips or legs into. It's my senior year - who cares what the hell I wear anyway? I miss the days when others weren't so judgmental of how people looked and cared more about who they were as a person. Society is so hopeless today... girls constantly yearning to fill this perfect form of what people call "beautiful", which is realistically unattainable. You will never be skinny enough, never be the right height, and never EVER have enough makeup on to cover the flaws you have. Give it up. Who really wants to live a superficial life, anyhow? You spend every minute of your life trying to please the eye of every spectator. You don't live your life for you; you live it for everyone else. So go on, flash that fake grin and pretend you are happy with who you are. You might look flawless, but your identity is so flawed it doesn't even exist anymore. Who are you, again? No one can be the ideal girl. How sad.

No comments: