Sunday, November 21, 2004

turkey, here i come

I can't wait until Thanksgiving break, especially since it is only 3 days away. My research paper is done and I did it talking on the phone with Drew and making plans with Hannah online. Yeah... maybe I should check over it ONE last time. When I checked the word count, it was 1,297 - and the maximum words my teacher will accept is 1,300 or she will start taking off. What now, bitch?!?! Can't touch this. Last night, Hannah and I hung out and watched Saved at her house. At first, it was sickeningly goody-goody religious, but it got better as it went on. We polished off an ENTIRE bag of Twizzlers and chugged our Sprite Remixes. Good times. On the way to Blockbuster, she was taking pictures of us... while I was driving. So I was like "Wait until a straightaway!" and then would pose for the pic and just trust my hands to keep the wheel steady. Yep, this is the day after I got my car back from the shop. Oh well... I know every turn in the city and how my car takes it, so it's all good. On the way home from Hannah's, alone in my car, I just got this feeling of realization. I cranked my music up loud, opened the windows and sunroof, and just yelled "I'm FREE!". It was one of those bursts of energy that originates from deep inside of your chest and makes you just scream in happiness. Spontaneous relief. I don't know why I said I was free, but at that moment, I felt what free was supposed to feel like. There was nothing holding me back or bogging me down - no weights tied to my heart. My entire body felt so light, and I gripped the wheel with a feeling of power and pressed the accelerator. The wind blew my hair everywhere, but I didn't care. It was an awesome feeling to just have that cold air swirl around me and let me know I was really alive. When I got home, I felt emotionally satisfied. Then I woke up this morning and it almost seemed like last night was just a dream. But I know that it really happened. Whatever it was, I want moments like that more often.