Tuesday, October 26, 2004

CAUTION: slow week ahead

Monday morning caused me about 3 heart attacks and a mental breakdown. I got in that devilish piece of metal they call a "VW Bug" and was doing fine until I hit an uphill stoplight. THEN things got nasty. The bug died more times than I can count on my hands and stalled out even more than it died. So I, trembling in frustration, called my dad and told him to get it before I PUSHED the stupid thing to the junkyard. Luckily, he was only a few blocks away, so he came quickly and we switched cars - which left me in the driver's seat of the Yukon XL. Yeah, the big'n... the one I have never driven before. For its size, it was suprisingly easy to drive. It drives just like a car, but you have to remember how big it really is. So, until my car is fixed, I am stuck driving the Yukon. I don't mind driving it, it's just so big and a real gas-guzzler. Oh well... I like being BIG for once and having control of the road! The leather seats with butt-warmers are a plus, too. Even though I ended up in a DRIVABLE car yesterday morning, I was still late for class. We also met our swim coach yesterday, who seems to really know what he is doing. 20 years of coaching and a USS swimmer and coach... not bad first impression! After I looked at our schedule, I realized that work ISN'T going to work once swim season starts. So after I was late AGAIN for class (not my fault, I might add) this morning, I stopped by work and talked to Jaime (my boss) about my conflict. She was totally cool about it and told me to let her know when things settle down and if she has a spot, she will definitely let me come back again. I am glad I got that over with. I am going to finish up work this week so I can get my pay for the 15 days. I felt really bad about just starting and then having to just drop out on them like that, but she was looking for full committment. I was hoping to swim alot and get some money along the way, so we both kind of messed up. I will most likely work in the spring when things aren't as hectic. I guess I am going to have to just primarily focus on school and swimming. I hope this pays off in the end...

Since we don't have to go to class until 11:20 due to testing, I think I might grab a nap. :)