Monday, October 18, 2004

a winning weekend

Woohoo! I got Year-End Champion in the Special Hunter Division with Bear! I am so happy! It was extremely cold and really windy that day, but we still came out in the end. My lips are cracked and my face is wind burnt. After doing my division, I hopped on another pony to help knock down the same girl that tried to beat me in another event for one of the girls in our barn to win. Of course, she did. It was what we wanted, but then again, I felt bad for that same girl to come in 2nd both times. Oh well. Sunday, I did a ping-pong/badminton/Western Civ/Environmental Science mix. Then, I helped clean the inside of my mom's car in order for Alan to get some cash. I was about done when I got an unexpected phone call. I like suprises! It was good to catch up again and I found that someone else won this weekend as well. I ended up not getting a good night's sleep for some reason -- I just kept waking up and waking up. I woke up to a dreary Monday morning which ended in an overall cloudy day. The second section of Western Civ has started and Mr. Bosch got right down to the notes. The other Western Civ class got Krispy Kreme doughnuts and 20 minutes of class. Now THAT'S lame. He said that we will get our tests back either tomorrow or Wednesday. Man, I am scared. I also went to my new workplace to fill out some last bits of paperwork and get a look around. I got two shirts for work and they are so cool. I start tomorrow and I am a bit nervous... I hate starting out jobs because I feel so ignorant about everything. Then we had school, which was just - school (no other way to describe it). Then for APES, we went to the Waste Water Treatment Plant, which caused about half the class to about lose their lunch. After that was the volleyball banquet that caused my absence in swim practice today, but I will swim after work tomorrow. I am starting to come down with something and my throat is getting scratchy. Can you contract a cold over the phone?