Tuesday, October 05, 2004

just one more day...

The day started off with me snoozing away another good 15 minutes past the time I was supposed to get up. Of course, my parents come running in, screeching at me to get up. 30 minute shower. Late for college class. Almost late for school. Then we had volleyball practice today (one that I THOUGHT would be helpful) and ended up scrimmaging as usual and just goofing off. We have a double header tomorrow against a team we can beat BUT the last team we could have beaten still ended up kicking our asses in the end. Lexington Volleyball Team, folks (no applause needed). Then Alan and I got a hardcore badminton game in just before swim practice. I moseyed on over to the Y, figuring it was going to be SO easy since Tom (our coach) was is Disneyland this week. It was just "the subs", but Tom had left sets. Holy $h!t. We ended up doing a good 3700 in the end. Jessica and I were counting up the amount and were about to DIE. Then I came home at 8 to a nice, cold supper but was interrupted when Mom came home - WITH THE SHOT. I scrambled out of my seat and grabbed the nearest knife. There was NO way she was getting near me with that. Every year I dread it, but I think Mom dreads it worse - giving me the shot, I mean. Last year, it took her a grand total of 45 minutes to give me that thing (kicks and punches included). She kept telling me ALL the things she does for me and how she doesn't want me to get the flu...blah blah blah. I just kept holding the knife. She had earlier promised that Alan would get his shot FIRST so she tried to give him the shot, and he took off as well. The more the merrier! :) Well, she finally convinced me to put the knife down and then threatened to take away my life -- THE COMPUTER! So, I said I would give in and she grabbed my arm and I let out a bloodcurdling scream and shot out of the chair. Mom said that was the last straw and I wasn't allowed to even look at the computer for a week. So, once more, I gave in and let her give me the stupid thing. I believe I wasn't NEAR as bad as I was last year, but I never give up easily. ;) You know.

No comments: