Thursday, October 14, 2004

curiousity will kill the cat

Ever wanted to meet someone because you were so curious to know what they were like, but everytime you just want to say a mere "hello", you jump back with a queasy feeling in your stomach and try to steady your trembling hands? I have contemplated about an insane idea that popped into my mind a few days ago. I want to get to know someone, but I am afraid of the reaction. They seem like someone I would get along with - sarcastic humor with a pinch of bitterness. But just using two letters to start a conversation could end in complete chaos. There is a risk of her not liking me, especially the sliver of information she knows about me (not very appealing, I might add). Maybe I should just forget about it and not take the chance of conflict. I don't like conflict, but if I see it coming, I won't avoid it. I believe I will just leave it alone in order to make my life and others' easier.