Thursday, October 28, 2004

is it friday yet?

This week has slowly dragged along... making it only a Thursday. Tomorrow we have a Western Civ test and the teacher didn't even mention it. Damn. Yesterday and today, I actually got to class on time. I walked in, smiled, and pumped my fist one good time. That got a nice laugh out of the class... they all figured out that I was having "transportation problems" since I was driving a different car. My english teacher, Clemmie, was getting on my absolute LAST nerve yesterday. It all started when she insisted on altering a PERFECTLY good thesis based on her personal opinion. I liked the original thesis better than the finished product she approved of. A thesis is simply supposed to present the idea of the paper - nothing fancy. The ironic part was that she thought a certain part of the thesis "was redundant" and was already spoken for. The thesis is SUPPOSED to speak for itself! That's what it is THERE FOR! Then, afterschool, there was an NHS (National Honors Society) meeting that I had to be at - and she was the advisor. Well, I had to BE at work at 4, so I told her that she needed to make it quick. She diddled around the ENTIRE meeting: took 10 minutes to go to the bathroom, was reading the parts for the induction ceremony even though the OTHER members were supposed to do that at the ceremony, not a meeting. Whatever. I have had it with her. I am so glad she is getting surgery on her foot so I can be temporarily relieved of her presence. Well, what do you know? Looks like I have to go to school... and put up with her. *rolls eyes*

No comments: