Friday, October 22, 2004

yes, it is friday

I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW!! We have a swim coach and I am so psyched!!! He is supposed to be very experienced and since he is male, that will encourage guys to come out and swim. I am starting to get used to my job, but I still will be in the middle of making a drink, stop, and think "What the hell am I making again?". The girls are really nice, which is a HUGE relief - I was afraid of personality clashes. Then, we got our grades for Western Civ today. He stuck the paper on the door and everyone rushed to it. I grimaced just imagining the score while I fought through the crowd. I got a B. I couldn't believe it. There was no way (with all those crappy test scores) that it was true. But our instructor explained that homework counted 20% of our grade, which caused a drastic raise. Homework might blow, but it sure does pay off! Seeing that grade made me recall my mom b!+ching at me last night about how there was NO way I was going to get above a C. Well, I did. And maybe there is a God. *chuckles* Anyway, the BBQ Festival is tomorrow and that means that my sleeping-in time is going to be limited. I can already hear the people yelling and honking horns in order to squeeze into what THEY call a parking spot (this could be a yard, the sidewalk... people get desperate). This entire week has had a heavy overcast and it has drizzled off and on for the past 3 days. The temperature has dropped, which makes it a nice day to just snuggle up under the covers and snooze. Damn school. The SAT scores are to be posted today, but they put a message on their site saying that I should check mine later due to heavy traffic. Lame. I want to know my SAT score and I am so nervous. Well, it is about time for me to head off to my favorite place (woohoo... gag me) and just get through the day. I hope I can remember all 18 lines of the prologue to the Canterbury Tales. "Whan that aprill with his shoures soote..."...

No comments: