Friday, October 15, 2004

the end of all seasons

Volleyball season has officially ended. I am kind of glad that it is over because I don't have to suffer like the rest of the team members who actually care when we lose. It pisses me off the see the underclassmen so apathetic about it - it's like they're just there to say they are on the volleyball team. Tomorrow morning will also be the last morning I will have to stumble out of bed at an ungodly hour for a horseshow. Bear and I are 22 points ahead and I don't intend to lose the title on the last show. Unfortunately, Bear and I haven't been clicking too great this week. It is like I try TOO hard and end up not being able to read the distance from jump to jump. It makes me frustrated that, in order for me to do well, I have to NOT think about it. Luckily, my instructor is playing the game of interference (nothing new, all instructors do it) just in case anything goes wrong. In other words, she will make sure that the girl who is behind me in points doesn't get a single 1st. In a way, it is reassuring... but it also makes me feel like I can't win this on my own. I will just do my best tomorrow and get whatever I deserve. Going out to the barn today made me realize that summer really is coming to a close. The air has gotten cooler, the leaves are starting to turn, and it is getting windy. You can almost smell fall coming - if you get what I am saying. Now that all of these things are coming to an end, I will just have school, swimming, and my new job to deal with. Did I mention I got a new job? About a week ago, I strolled into the Black Chicken (the uptown coffee shop) and got my frappé as usual, but was caught on my way out by the owner's sister. She wanted to know if I had a job and if I wanted one. Needless to say, I have ALWAYS wanted to work there ever since it had opened, but I settled with lifeguarding for the summer since they told me that they didn't need anyone at the time. NOT saying that I would pick making coffee over guarding! I will most likely let the college kids take my place behind the counter for the summer and I will mosey on over to the pool. Water is my home. :) I am still upset over my Western Civ class. Upon taking a test today, I about broke down crying when I left the room because I think I failed it. My memory bank and history mix like oil and water. No matter how hard I try to learn it, memorize it, drill it into my SKULL... it just doesn't stick. Well, I am definitely going to bed to get some precious hours of sleep before an early awakening. The sniffles are also going around and I don't want it. Sleep helps the immune system, so I am going to build that up.