Saturday, December 04, 2004

all that's left

Thursday was cool... I did really well in the 200 IM and 100 Breast. In both of the events, I beat everyone - and when I say everyone, I mean girls and GUYS. It was quite pathetic. There weren't that many people swimming the IM, so they combined the girls and guys. I started out a little behind everyone else in the butterfly, expecting the guy to totally beast me out in backstroke. When I hit back, I started getting a lead on everyone - back is my WORST stroke. I can't explain it. Then when I got to the breaststroke... well, that's the expertise of my swim career, so I made some gains in that. Freestyle I just held on for my dear life, focused on a quick turnover and AIR, AIR, AIR. I hit the wall and looked behind me. 4 seconds or so later, the first guy hit the wall and looked over at me. Needless to say, I was just as shocked as he was. I couldn't believe it. I cut 5 seconds off of my IM time from practice, so I was pretty happy. After I sat down and dried off, one of the girls from the other team and the coach came scuttling up to me and asked me what event I was doing next. After I replied breaststroke, they scrambled back to their side of the pool. My coach and I looked at each other and mockingly hissed "She's doing breaststroke! She's doing breast, you guys!". It was cool. My coach and I actually seemed to get along. Kind of weird, I know. Maybe because when it comes to swimming, I am like him... well, at least in IM. Then breaststroke I did a converted time (this was a meter pool we were swimming) of 1:17.34. I cut off a little time, but I would prefer to be faster. At least I am consistent at this point. Even though we didn't swim with the guys again, I still beat the fastest guy by a second. That team desperately needs work, but on my way to the locker room to shower off, this girl was telling me how awesome I was and offered me a brownie. Free brownies are always great! The swimmers were really nice, at least. After the meet, we hit up Wendy's and got a sore stomach from Hunter (the only guy on our team) telling his life stories. He is so random and just fucking hilarious. There wasn't a moment that my mom, coach, or I WASN'T laughing. Then I got home and realized that I was missing my Scotland towel. I must have left it at the meet. I was SO pissed at myself for being so forgetful. I LOVE that towel! So, Friday morning, I attempted to get a hold of the place of the meet. It was far away, so I had to call long distance. Well, the first time, I was using the 2nd line, and Mom called on the 1st line to see if I was calling them. I was pissed at her because I might forget my towel, but I won't forget to call about it. So I hung up my call, hung up on mom, then tried again. They said that they would move my call to the aquatics office, then hung up on me. Even more steamed, I called them, bitched out the lady that hung up on me, then finally was told that my towel was not found. I was pretty pissed. Friday just dragged on, but I got the only 100 on my Hamlet quiz and didn't even read Act One because I wasn't there that day the class covered it. Good times. Then Friday night, I went to the basketball game against Forbush, and it was AWESOME! Ice wata spin move Bennett DUNKED! I about freaked out! I knew he could do it! And don't ask about his nicknames... his real name is Jonathan. He hates being called 'ice wata', but he's cool as ice. Then, of course, Juju dunked and it was great. We totally beasted them out. Also, Rosco did really well. Yey, Rosco... I love that guy, but he really annoys me at times. Well, the family is heading out and that means me as well... later peeps.

No comments: