Friday, December 10, 2004

final friday

YES! This is the LAST Friday I will be having of school until next year! I am SO happy! This week, I have been noticing my eagerness to NOT be in school. For instance, Thursday, Tiffany locked her keys in her car. Her mom couldn't leave work, so we begged our math teacher (who we knew would let us) to go to her mom's work DURING class. So, we left campus, went to her mom's work, got the key, then I 'realized' that I had to get gas, so we ended up going a little off course. The Frappucinos were so good. We arrived in class with plenty of time and didn't get caught. Today, I had another urge to just stay home a little extra while. We were supposed to have an assembly this morning, so all of the people who were in college classes 1st period decided to just skip out on it. I contemplated on staying home as well, and my dad even said I should just skip it. It was going to end at 10:45, so I just stayed home and touched up on my project...okay, AND hung around the house. I pulled in when 3 other people did, and we walked into the room where people who have off-campus courses sign-in. The woman who runs the thing came up to us and asked us where we had been. We asked her why the assembly wasn't going on, especially since the assemblies usually run over. A hit list had been found in the girls' locker room, and the principal decided to postpone the concert. She angrily interrogated us and then threatened to write us up for skipping. I was waiting for that wave of fear to sweep over me, since I have had a clean record (yeah, I'm a goodie-goodie), but it never happened. She concluded that she would consult the principal about it, and we just shrugged it off and went to class. The principal knew me really well and everything he heard about me has been good, good, good. I smirked as I got my stuff from my locker. There is NO way the principal is going to buy that woman's report of our 'skipping'. All of a sudden, I noticed that I really DIDN'T care anymore about getting in trouble. My reputation would support me if she did rat us out. Later that day, I saw the principal when we were trying to get information about the materials used to build the school (APES), and I told him how much I was looking forward to seeing that assembly, and when he was going to reschedule it. He said he wasn't sure, but he thanked me and others for being so calm and cooperative during the drastic change of plans. No problem... it was as if I wasn't even there. :)
Last night, I thought that maybe I could run on 3 hours of sleep more often (I felt pretty good), but I am feeling the effects today. I was so tired by the end of second practice, I couldn't even sprint anymore. It was pathetic. Well, Nathan comes on Tuesday, I think. I am really in for it now. Just keep swimming...

No comments: