Tuesday, December 07, 2004

so close, yet so far

The end of this school semester is so close, I can almost touch it! I just want to reach out, grab it and pull it to me. I am ready for school to be over and done with. I need sleep and days where I have nothing to do. Sure, I will most likely swim everyday, but other than that, what am I supposed to do? Hopefully, I can ride my Bobo, because I haven't rode him in what feels like weeks. I finally got my brochure done, the one that got wiped out when my computer locked up AGAIN. As my friend said, "(my) computer ate (my) homework". I am so sick of this stupid machine locking up... and it only seems to do it when I am doing something important. I can be surfing the net and doing useless things, and this dumbass machine doesn't miss a beat. I wish I could just rip it apart, piece by piece, until it is just a mere pile of metal junk that I can rid of. But, it also processes many of my essays and gives me the freedom to communicate internationally, so that wouldn't be a great idea. Our second swim meet was today, and I dropped my IM time by 2 seconds, but got 3rd. The girls (and guys :P) were much faster this time around. I was so scared that Dylan Spake (this beasty ass, COCKY ass chick who's a sophomore) would do 100 breast, especially because the paper said she did a 1:14. I don't believe the paper because her team tends to exaggerate their times just a LITTLE. I had to choose between 50 free and 200 IM again, and I really really wished I could have done 50 free instead. The fastest girl did a 30.8 - I can REALLY beat that! Oh well, if the coaches talk, then we will most likely be able to slip into a meet next Tuesday! Any chance for me to improve my times is a good one. I really need a challenge, and I hate to say, but now I WANT to swim against Dylan to push me harder. My time slipped back to a 1:18 today, and I admit I reacted a little childishly. I tore my cap off and got out of the pool quickly... everyone was looking at me like I was crazy because I beat everyone by over a half of a length and still looked pissed. It didn't matter to me how I won... I want a good time. I know that, last year, I would have KILLED for that time, but this is my senior year and I can't afford to slow down. I wish I could just learn to push myself harder and faster, as if someone WAS there for me to chase. Well, today is another day of wonderful school *gag*, so I figure I should be going on up and reading Frankie.