Thursday, December 09, 2004

the burdens become heavier

It's a Thursday, and I am running on a mere 3 hours of sleep. My entire night consisted of the conclusion of my novel, then continuous coughing. My entire body would jolt with every cough and my abdomen soon became sore from the impact of the numerous coughs. My heart raced and I felt so hot - I couldn't get comfortable. I could not convince myself to just close my eyes and relax, because every cough would tense my body up and my eyes would snap open. I torturously watched to minutes creep by on the clock... hours passed, and still no sleep. I soon gave up on trying to MAKE myself sleep and figured my parents would find me still awake when they came to get me up. The last digits I saw on the clock were 3:19, and I tossed and turned for who knows how long until my fatigue finally forced me to rest. What a shitty, shitty morning it was to wake up. It's a dark, cool rainy day today... and I haven't even gotten to school yet. I need sleep so bad, but I have two swim practices and a poetry project that all need to be completed by the end of the day. I don't know how I am going to pull through.