Monday, August 23, 2004

empty

Why does life seem so empty? As if I could have everything I wanted but still have that hunger for something more... still have that feeling like there's something missing. Life really is a puzzle, but it creates more pieces as time goes on. There is always that hole in your heart that's waiting to be filled, and if that happens, another hole forms not long after that one is filled. It's a never ending cycle of agony -- a lose-lose situation. And then I know that I am not the only one who feels this emptiness. Everyone has that feeling; the feeling that you are alone no matter how many people are in the room. And all the people in the room are invisible... they don't appear when your eyes get to them. I feel that way sometimes when I'm walking through the halls during class change. I am walking through empty halls filled with people - gossiping, walking, laughing... but their voices echo into deafening silence. I want to hear them, I want to see them, but I can't. The black hole inside of me is sucking in my emotions and eating me from the inside out. I can't motivate myself to pull away from it. I am surrendering to its forces that is pulling me under my own fate. Soon, all of me will be sucked into a neverending pit of mysterious darkness. Is that what I really want? To be dragged down by something I created within myself? I crack a smile here and there when I feel a little presence of warmth between me and others.. my team, my friends. I guess I have to take comfort in what I have now and just run with it. There's nothing I can do now except fight the weight that is pulling me down and try to break free from the desolate position I feel I'm in. I can always die trying... that's the best thing to do, isn't it?

No comments: