Tuesday, August 31, 2004

2 more days as opposed to 3...

Argh! I have HAD it with these swim caps! My last Lexington one ripped on me today. Big disappointment - especially if this year turns out like the last where we didn't get team suits or caps. I wish we could have more people on the team because after Ashley and I leave, there will be nothing left. I also wish the Davidson Swim Coach would email (yes, I finally got his address) me back about meeting with him. He hasn't responded to me after 2 letters sent. I just hope it's because he's busy. Today went by a little faster than yesterday, considering we had a good 30 minute screw-around period when taking the senior group picture. Had volleyball practice as usual, then got home and did my Western Civ, played badminton with Alan (we had a GREAT rally going today), and then got dragged away from that to swim. Mom wants me to swim more than I do. She's always bugging me about it and it makes me realize how some people live - just cutting out the rest of their lives in order to do one thing. I have avoided that because you can't be a well rounded person if you commit to one thing and one thing only. That doesn't make you truly athletic in my perspective. If you can do at least 2 sports well, then you are a true athlete because you can adapt to a different situation using a variety of abilities instead of the same ones over and over again. Yes, it's never the same each time you do it, but you can only do so much with just one sport. I know I'm rambling on about this, but I am just trying to make a point. One forte doesn't make you well rounded. Anyway, there is a Western Civ exam tomorrow, so I better be hitting the books soon. What a day...

No comments: