Saturday, August 21, 2004

wishing only wounds the heart

I got to bed at 20 til 2 and got up at 6. Rushed over to the school only to wait 20 minutes for my coach to show up LATE... hmm, not suprising. Then two of our good players weren't there so we went to her house and then found they were on their way to the school. We just went ahead and met up with them at the tournament. I walked in with my oversized basketball uniform claiming the name of our socially shunned school. I saw Alex Greer, a guy from my lifeguard class, and I talked with him for a bit. Then we had to warm up just to get beat by North Davidson. I think the first game was the real warm up, because we actually gave them a little run the second game. The next team was the best in our group, Northwestern Randolph, and we had them 7-6 but they came back to beat us 8-11. The second game their server just KILLED us 0-11. Ridiculous. Then we played Central and lost the first game but won the second. We beat South easily both games. We then played Robinson and got beat pretty bad (but I spiked on them so it wasn't too bad! :D). We were tied for fourth but dropped to fifth due to our extra loss. We played Thomasville and was up SO much but they came back on us quickly and won 20-25. The second game I was feeling the effects of a four hour night's sleep and others grew tired and we lost 11-25. The last chance we were up 19-10 and were giving it all we had but they came back 25-25. We had to score 2 points higher to win. We scored one point and then they scored one. We bumped it up to 27-27 until they won 29-27. I was so angry. We really could have won. And the ref was making AWFUL calls and blowing his whistle for the server to go without giving us any time. I saw Walt also because his gf wanted to see her sister play on North's team (GOD they look so much alike) and of course she dashed off elsewhere for a sec and he was left alone. I got up the nerve to say hey and we just carried on a convo for a while. Then Tiffany saw me talking to him and grabbed his arm and dragged him off without saying much to me. Frieda noticed that I wasn't exactly FOND of Tiffany and started towering over her and kinda bumping on her. It was hilarious. And she came back and was like "Yeah, she's a bitch." LOL. Good times there. I am hot, sweaty, pissed, and running on four hours of sleep. I think I will take a shower and a nap - to go, please.

No comments: