Wednesday, August 18, 2004

lost and confused

Today was awful since I ACTUALLY had to get up at 6 this morning for DCCC Orientation. I stayed up WAY too late last night waiting for the Men's 4x200 Relay, but it was so worth it! America took the gold from the Aussies... seven years they claimed that race and we stole it. Incredible. I REALLY like my Western Civ teacher... he is HILARIOUS and he even said "Die!" in one of his explanations of rules. He is definitely a lecturer... but an interesting one at that. Then in math Mr. Fay (Faydizzle) wasn't even here and we goofed off the entire time. Well, Tiffany and I did go to the computer lab to do some "work". English was lame, and APES was ok because we watched a movie on the cane toad. It was pretty funny because there were people who fed the things and even smoked their venom. A burn-out on cane toad. Haha. Also, the little blue jay DIED. You know why? Because our teacher (a Biology teacher) didn't feed it overnight... she figured it would live! WHAT THE HELL?!!? I about lost it. Any person in their right mind, especially a Biology teacher, should understand the eating patterns of a young bird or animal! It's practically constant! How on EARTH can you expect something like that to live overnight without a speck of food? She's a mother and I KNOW she didn't just leave HER baby overnight without feeding it. She has honestly lost it. Geez, people these days. Thankfully, Nathan wanted to swim today and I know I really need it. My mom is trying to get me to apply for that Davidson Swimming Scholarship, because she says Davidson is a very prestigious school and I should think about it. It's hard to think of going to any other college because the only college I have ever thought of attending was State. Is that bad? I also have never thought about going to college for swimming because I know I'm not good enough for State's team. Davidson is smaller and more expensive, but the scholarship would help. I don't know what to do. It's really hard when some other opportunity arrives that you can take advantage of and yet that kind of changes future plans. I feel like my life is almost too much mapped out for my own good. What if I don't want to become a veterinarian or I don't make the school? Or find something that interests me more?? It's hard to tell right now. I guess I will go swim because it's almost time.

No comments: