Saturday, August 14, 2004

remember when

Yesterday was the last day I got to spend with a good friend of mine, and I didn't regret anything I did with him. He was there with me for the last few hours of the day and that is what made it the best. I know I got what I wanted, but I just hope he got what he wanted as well. I just know that I am going to miss him so much... work will be different, swimming will be different, heck- just the weekends in general. I just tried to look back on everything that happened between us, good and bad: coming back from Canada, swim meets, at the lake with Ben (and throwing him and Alexi off the tube!), on a scale from 1-10, giving a black eye, The Terminal, "Mr. Perfect" (even the DOCTOR knew that!), teen nights, getting pulled over, long telephone calls, $138 (worth EVERY penny), Anchorman, akward yet satisfying moments, singing in the car, Metallica, tubing at the lake, learning how to wakeboard, comment about the last day - "I can't believe I just said that...", ADHD moments - "So what do you think about that?" *stares at BJ* ''I think that's really cool!", Collateral - "Promise you won't tell anyone?" "...yeah." "Get in the fucking car!", picture of my two favorite things (including the Cheerwine Slushie Machine), missing him even though he was RIGHT there... is that even possible?, drawn-out goodbyes, "My legs look like the sky right now.", FINALLY landing the 360 (wish I was there), ticklish spots, crying means that you care, DEVIL CAR, and "Would you like to come in?". That's all I can recall right now, but I know we had so many more moments than that. I saved the best saying for last because it's the only word that can describe this guy... "WOW."
Thank you for my best summer ever, Matt.

No comments: