Sunday, August 08, 2004

one week...

Dang, one week before people start to leave to go off to college. I can't believe that the time is already here, the summer has gone by so fast. I would like to suspend time and just take it back to the summer where I didn't have to worry about anything. That is when I start thinking about my childhood. I was so carefree and wasn't worried about a thing in the world, I wasn't afraid of the future. I didn't know that I would later in life be frustrated, confused or sad. I probably didn't even know what it was much less what it felt like. And I remember my youngest cousin of 4 saying, "I'm so stressed." and thinking, you don't even KNOW what it's like. Being a kid is great because you don't hit the brick wall called reality. You just keep pretending that everything around you is everything you hoped it would be and maybe more. Then you enter the real world in about 7th grade when your "friends" become rude and your life has to be taken seriously. You are asked what courses you want to take for your upcoming years in high school and then later for your occupation in life. I just wish I could have that stupid little smile on my face all the time like I did, because I really didn't know why I smiled, I just did. There was always that glee that filled your heart every waking moment of the day, and yet there was no reason for it. Why is that? I guess the phrase "Ignorance is bliss" is true. I am so tired and I can't wait til another good day tomorrow... at least I can sleep in.

No comments: